Sunday, May 2, 2010

Two dates in one weekend, now I am more confused than ever.

Friday I went to Shortstop’s softball game. I had a nice time, once I figured out I was sitting on the wrong side of the field. It was kind of funny, because his hot friend noticed I was there before Shortstop did…
It was fun though. We drank a few beers and headed over to his best friend’s house.
Once Shortstop & I were in the car alone together, the weird comments started happening. He started saying that I was better than he was, and he isn’t rich so that’s not what I should expect of him. I tried to absorb these comments & then talk to him about what he was thinking. He had no interest in talking about it & then we were at his friend’s house so the conversation naturally ended. He makes a comment when we are walking up to the house, that he can buy his own house, right now if he wanted to- but helping out his brother is more important. (They live together).

I’m really not sure where I dropped the bomb that I was some sort of princess. It really throws me off. I mean I am so real with him & on such “best behavior” it’s sick.

We went on with the evening & end up having a super fun time. So much fun in fact, that I totally forget about the weird things that he said earlier. We are having a bonfire, he’s throwing his arm around me, I’m laughing with his brother, it was just super fun.

Then he walks me to my car to say good night & gets all weird AGAIN! Using hand signals to show me how I am up here & shortstop is down there. I am so above him. WHAT? Then he asks me if I want him to come over. HA HA HA. NOPE. I don’t want to deal with you after acting like that. I need to process & I leave feeling very strange.

So Saturday comes around & I am really not too excited to hang out with the Doctor. I’m just thinking that it will be kind of fun and I am so not into it, mostly because of shortstop. (I guess I am just a sucker for drama).
Doctor meets me at 7 and we have far too many beers, laugh, get some dinner, talk about everything. Time is flying. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I get this friendly punch in the arm & freeze. Too nervous to turn around, I hear the friendly voice of one of my very favorite guy friends. My friend starts eyeing up my situation, surely he’s noticed I’m drunk & out with someone I have never talked about before. Like a good friend, or purely out of curiosity, he sticks around a bit & talks to us. My friend & the Doctor actually hit it off. Which makes me feel pretty good. I mean you want your friends to like your doctor for more than just being your doctor. At some point in the evening, the doctor & I are holding hands across the table. He drops a few bombs that I really don’t like to hear, but I push them to the back of my head. They are big things that end up circling in my head even days later. We decide to go to another bar. Why not right? So we went to this crappy hole in the wall bar, and basically walked around & sobered up a bit. After all the bars closed, he walked me to my car & we made out for what felt like a happy eternity. I’m can’t lie to you, he’s not the best kisser in the world. It almost seemed like he was trying to reenact a movie kiss…but wasn’t quite sure how. It was adorable at best. He asked me if I wanted to go back to his place & like a lady, I declined. I really considered it, but I had left my dog since 6:30 pm & didn’t get home until after 3. Priorities doctor.

So what not? I just don’t know. I decided to invite shortstop over to a BBQ that my friends are having on Sunday…. But he had a family thing to attend to. I’d really like to talk to him & find out where I went wrong… I hope he gets over it.

I’m also hoping to go out again with the doctor this week. I’d like to give him a chance at being awesome. We have great chemistry, I can teach him how to kiss & maybe I can get over the bombshells.

I have been out of the dating game for quite some time now. Let’s just go with 6 years. It just seems like everyone is ok, but has some sort of huge drawback. I don’t really get it all yet. Are these weird comments the kinds of things that you get over, or should send you running for the hills. Also, I am not a prude at all, but some guys just think they can have it all even when they don’t deserve it.

I’d like to end with- it’s completely exhausting dating, let alone dating more than one person at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment