Monday, April 12, 2010

Friends With Out Benefits, Bitter Loves Company

I am sure you reach a point that all of your friends take a deep sigh & consider hitting ignore when you call once you have gone through a large break up. It must be hard for them to hear you go on & just repeat yourself.

Do they really want to hash out the last few days, weeks, months, years that you spent with your ex? Just wondering if you could go over it one more time that you might figure out where things went horribly, terribly wrong.

Do you really want to hear all of the “I told you so” conversations that happen when you dump your douche bag ex. I mean I guess it did make sense, that when your ex doesn’t get along with all of your friends & your family that something was wrong.

But I had a ray of sunshine flow onto me one day. Because, not really thankfully, but thankfully I had a wonderful friend who was going through the same horrible break up. It was like a gift from the universe. Someone who wanted to be bitter & bitch just as much as I did, someone who was going through the same nervousness with dating & trying to be a single person.

My friend also happens to be the opposite sex and good looking. When my other friends started noticing that I was hanging out with this guy- I got a LOT of raised eyebrows. But I have a LOT of guy friends, just not a lot of them tend to be single & bitter as well.

But it’s great, and I hope that the next time I have to go through something major- I have someone who is going through it with me. Isn’t that horrible?

Cheers to you my bitter, hot, friend with out benefits. I hope I was there for you a quarter of the amount you were for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment