Tuesday, March 23, 2010

123 GO!

I would eventually have to move on to someone new. Find someone who didn’t know all of my stories, and all of my friends. Someone who I would have to remind that I don’t drink milk & therefore never buy it. It takes so long to get to know someone again, and then to have this new person get to know you is a scary thought.

In some ways, it’s a fresh start. They don’t know all of your bad habits, and deep dark secrets. But in other ways, it’s exhausting. When do you take the step from hi it’s nice to meet you, to how would you like your bombshell delivered?

So this new me wanted to entertain the idea of thinking about putting herself out there. But what was I going to find?

I had expected at least a few of my friends to have a few quality singles they could set me up with. But like myself, most of my friends didn’t have any single friends. At least any single friends of quality, and of like mind with in an hour driving distance.

So on one drunken evening, my best friend took matters into her own hands. She grabbed a computer & took a look around the virtual dating pool. I looked intensely, and we had a few good laughs. But I didn’t rush home & set up my own account.

I was so busy, making myself busy that I didn’t have time to write a bunch of little thoughts & funny catch phrases to make someone take a look at more than one of my photos. What in the hell can you put down to try to lure a potential suitor who once I held the attention of, held my attention.

So I looked at other profiles & kept mine as a work in progress. Finding qualities I really did have on other people’s pages & made them my own. I put up real photos of myself. Not ones from 6 years ago, to be honest I have an advantage over most people in that I look much better today than I did 6 years ago.

I don’t even know what my “type” is. It’s been so long that I have been in the dating game that I don’t even know whom I find attractive anymore. I, myself, am not the same person that I was 10 years ago, 6 years ago, 3 years ago, yesterday. I’m ever evolving.

Will my taste in a mate evolve too?

No comments:

Post a Comment