Monday, July 5, 2010

Blips in attention & shiny new prospects

Why is it good things come in pairs? Why is it also that I must have 100% attention or I tend to get all silly. I know I do it to myself. Things seemingly are going fantastically and then there’s a blip. No texts on contact on Saturday & at 8pm on Sunday I finally text him. Like what are you doing? You are providing just enough time for someone else to slip in there & give me attention. That’s just what happened too, someone else grabbed my attention & he was shiny!
This someone shiny has been pursuing me for like over a year now. We know each other professionally, indirectly. It’s just been laughs & flirts here & there. Just casual, nothing serious, but he certainly has my attention. Plus add in the fact that soldier boy is making me feel a bit… underappreciated…
Well this new guy called me THREE times this weekend. THREE. Now he wants to go out to lunch. I thought about it for a long time. He’s the type of guy who doesn’t take no for an answer. What else could I say but yes. we shall now refer to him as lunch date.
So now the guilt is starting to sink in, but it’s JUST lunch. Who's to say soldier boy isn't out there doing the same thing, or worse?
Why do all good things come in pairs? Why can’t I just find one guy who completely blows my mind & keeps my attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment