Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Your Advice Is For The Birds.

Everyone is always filled with advice. People assume since I’m not in a serious relationship that I am not happy. I don’t know how many women offhandedly told me that I’d be happy once I find that special someone. I mean sure I am dating right now, but I could never measure my happiness on a relationship. Unless Prince William wants to make me queen one day… (Call me!)

It’s funny how when you become single, a lot of people treat you as less than. As in, I am less than you are, because you are married, I am less than you are because you have a child; I am less than you are because you have a long term relationship. I don’t know why people feel like they need to treat you that way. People literally talk down to me, my friends even. I mean how could I understand the deep complexities of your relationship… I’m just a single gal.

Hey, newsflash- your relationship sucks. You aren’t happy 24/7 either & you can’t do what you want, when you want, how you want- with out asking for permission. The only thing I have to worry about is my dog & he’s portable.

Please stop belittling your single friends! They don’t want your advice, unless they ask for it. Then when they ask for it, they just want to hear happy-positive-things! Maybe just pump them up once & a while, in the long run they will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment