Monday, January 17, 2011

The Cat Boy Saga. An Introduction

I met Cat Boy one evening at a large annual bash my friends throw every year. He’s not anyone I really noticed, or even knew. All of a sudden he was near the fire, demanding the attention of the crowd. So I gave it like everyone else did, but I really had other ideas about the evening. I had someone who was on my list at the party that evening & I wanted to pay all of my attention to him. So I laughed at cat boy & maybe even had a conversation with the crowd where he was involved, but didn’t remember it at all. I didn’t even know his name, because everyone kept calling him something strange, I would later find out it was his last name.

That evening I was up until 4 am finishing a drinking game that requires a skill that I don’t possess. I didn’t remember anything about Cat Boy, because he wasn’t a part of my evening. I found an open spot on an abandoned couch & fell asleep. I woke up the next morning with the sun & a screaming headache.

The next morning, face book brought me a friend request from cat boy. I assumed he was one of those people twice removed from me. A common friend of the host’s friend, no one I had ever met before. I accepted the friend request. I couldn’t help but notice how weird his name was. His name was hilarious and he seemed to be obsessed with this cat that I assumed was his own. He was also totally into himself & his dream of being a big deal. He had a strange style that I found intriguing & it showed that he was trying too hard.

Later that day, I had a message from Cat Boy. He was infatuated with me. He told me how funny & intelligent & pretty I am. I was flattered beyond control. I was shocked that he even remembered me, because I didn’t really remember him. Then he told me I was on his list. That if he wasn’t dating someone, he would want to take me out. I dismissed the prospect since he’s not single, and I really didn’t know who he was. But Cat Boy didn’t dismiss me so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment