Sunday, August 1, 2010

Confession: I totally spend too much looking up people online.

Confession:

I totally spend too much looking up people online.

Were we friends in 5th grade? Did we date? Did you just say something funny to me? Are we about to go on a date? Were we enemies? Yeah, some days I just have that kind of time & self disrespect. I have taken to blocking certain people on face book. I block them for 2 reasons.

1. I don’t want them anywhere near my personal information

2. I can’t pour over their information that they forgot to block for hours overanalyzing every single character on that page.

On a very self hating night- I unblocked someone previously blocked. It was the Ex-Friend my Ex-Lover cheated on me with for months. There was a shining main photo. The 2 of them together, holding one another, smiling. Sure they both looked super fat (ha-ha bitches!) but it was still a hard slap to the face. I really didn’t need to see that, and coincidently I didn’t sleep all week & called a few people crying.

Also, it’s kind of like a knife in the chest to see that after what may seem like hundreds of collective hours Googling that high school boyfriend, he’s happily & married. I mean it’s ridiculous what you can find. Same boyfriend’s wedding seemed nice, since the photographer put all the photos up online. His parents look well & I wonder if they did get that mixer they registered for.

I’ve had quite a few Exes find me on various social networking sites. I try to not respond, especially to the crazy ones… but I can’t help but pour through their information. It’s like crack. I don’t care about them, but I am DYING to know what they are up to.

I wish I could stop, but this damn internet makes it hard to do it. Don’t pretend like you don’t do it too or that you are going to do it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment